Wednesday, June 3, 2009

RINO

It seems that being a "true Republican" and exercising common sense are mutually exclusive! I am a common sense conservative Republican and some folks out in cyber-world have already started to classify me as a RINO (Republican in name only), very clever I might add, without ever having spoken to me about issues. That is to be expected I suppose however name calling has never gotten anyone anywhere so I shall remain above the fray. As mom always said, "Sticks and stones...." Thanks for your support.

Chris.

2 comments:

  1. Chris,
    As an active member of our local GOP BPOU.....all I can say is that you wouldn't be doing anyone a favor in challenging Bachmann. As a person who is interested in enhancing conservative principles--I support the GOP candidate. And I do so even if I don't agree with that candidate 100% of the time. For me, I don't agree with Bachmann, Pawlenty, or even probably you 100% of the time! But I won't try and sling mud to take them down because of it. You seem like a decent guy, but we NEED decent guys to help our party out, and right now in Woodbury there is a DFL State Senator that needs to be challenged! Why not really help out "common sense conservatism" and run for the Senate seat? Especially if you have experience and have done pretty well at your last attempt. Besides, challenging Bachmann would only stir up a lot of internal party anger and strife and right now we DON'T need that. As a long time GOP volunteer......I'm asking you to step back and consider how you really could be useful in advancing our state party. We just lost a giant in T-Paw.......we don't need any extra bleeding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you vote for Bachman in 2008 Chris?

    ReplyDelete